Bruins kick off road trip west with SW loss to Canucks
The Bruins started their trip west with an SO loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.
0-0 after 1â¦
Erik Haula was alone and scored, but Vancouver managed an offside.
With 4:59 to play second, the Canucks opened the scoring on the PP (Brad Marchand in the box for interference). 1-0 Vancouver.
Patrice Bergeron tied with the 5-3 advantage (Lammikko cut Pastrnak, Miller tripped Swayman). 1-1.
Some great saves from Jeremy Swayman, but that was on the shootout.
Bo Horvat won it for the Canucks in the 3rd round of the OS. Pastrnak and Coyle failed to score.
FINAL: Vancouver 2, Boston 1 (SO)
News, Notes and Quotes:
– Tomas Nosek did not make the trip (no covid-disease), Oskar Steen joined the trip and skated in his place. Charlie McAvoy returned to the lineup after a one-game absence (illness), the same with Brad Marchand after serving his 3 games.
– Patrice Bergeron rocked the jar after suffering a broken nose against NSH. Got his 9th of the year on the PP to tie the score in 3rd. Nice little redirection. Power of the aquarium.
– Pretty sweet calls in Vancouver tonight. Don’t think that none of the first penalties announced tonight were really necessary. Especially the interference of Marchand … AND the Foligno “unsportsmanlike conduct” to just catch a guy to talk. Foolish.
– Extremely calm night for the 2nd line. The entire line had no shots for 2 periods. It sucks because Hall played well with Bergeron and Pastrnak. At the very least, flip Smith and Pastrnak over and juice that 2nd row a little more. To start 3rd, Joe Sacco kicked Hall to play with Frederic and Foligno and Haula moved on to play with Coyle and Smith.
– I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, man, David Krejci is missing from this team.
– Always looking for that secondary score.
– I felt like the Canucks had a ton of weird men at the start of the game. I thought Jeremy Swayman played really well, especially to keep them in the game when they were at 1. He absolutely deserved better. Ended the evening with 31 stops. He was awesome.
I know the B’s had to deal with some illnesses throughout the squad, but just a tough loss. Back tomorrow night in Edmonton. I can’t repeat tonight’s performance if they want to get back to the winning column. It must be better. Buckle up.