Electric vehicle road trip: advice and potential routes
The electric car is a fantastic and environmentally friendly vehicle, but it can be difficult to know how to go about it on a road trip. Many EV owners take their EVs on the road, but fully electric vehicles are not created equal.
Some might be better for longer trips than others.
To help you prepare your electric vehicle for a trip, we’ve compiled some tips that will make the trip more accessible and enjoyable! Let’s start by preparing for your trip.
What to check before starting your trip:
On a long trip, preparation is crucial. It is essential to know:
- How to charge your electric vehicle
- Where you will charge along the way and how long it might take. Consider billing more than once if necessary or adding extra time to your travel itinerary!
- To take full advantage of electric cars, you need to make sure that they are operating at their maximum battery capacity. A general rule of thumb for owning an electric car is to fully charge and run out of charge several times in the life of your electric vehicle.
- Where you’ll stop to eat or take breaks along the way
- Finally, make sure your vehicle is covered by electric vehicle insurance to cover you if something goes wrong during the trip.
These are some basic but essential preparations that you should always do before setting out on your trip.
Top Tips For Successful EV Road Trips
Once you’re ready with the basics, it’s time to move on to the electric car travel tips that will make your trip more enjoyable. Below is the Motor1.com infographic which includes some tips to make your trip easy and worry-free!
On top of that, if you’re still planning your trip, the infographic below includes four fun electric vehicle road trips in the United States to get you started!
Save money by converting your home to solar power. Calculate your savings.