Kingfisher continues annual ‘Summer Road Trip’ with Down South menu
A fantastic journey of edible rewards
Oh, it’s summer. Birds chirp, the sun sizzles all in sight and the dishes come together at the downtown restaurant known for its annual US tour
Kingfisher Bar & Grill’s 2022 Summer Road Trip, which is a culinary journey through different regions of the United States, began in May and continues with a Down South menu starting Tuesday, June 28.
It’s crazy to think that Kingfisher has been hitting the road – in a culinary sense – for 29 years. It’s a road trip that doesn’t require a lot of travel. It’s a tour that avoids awkward stops at tourist traps and not-so-clean restrooms. It’s the annual celebration of signature dishes from across the country.
Each regional menu, such as the Down South dishes, is created by one of Kingfisher’s executive chefs, Jim Murphy, Jeff Azerskyand Fred Harris, which is offered in addition to the regular Kingfisher menu. Also, to add an icing on the cake, pastry chef Marianne Banes will serve a delicious dessert creation for every stage of the journey, and the talented bar staff are on hand to create a perfectly matched cocktail.
Important dates to remember
The following menu will be available from From Tuesday 28 June to Saturday 2 July. The restaurant will be closed from Sunday July 3 to Monday July 18then reopening with the Down South menu again from Tuesday, July 19 – Saturday July 23.
LOWER SOUTH MENU
- Creole BBQ Spicy Shrimp and Grits – garlic, parsley, Worcestershire, dark beer, soft butter ($17)
- Fried selected oysters (3) – Green Tabasco aioli, shallots ($12)
- Fried Cornmeal Crusted Catfish – marinated cucumbers, Creole tartar sauce, Texmati rice, corn puffs ($25)
- Crayfish stew – dark brown roux, mirepoix, Texmati rice, shallots ($28)
DESSERTS & DRINKS
- Southern banana pudding – homemade vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, vanilla custard, whipped cream ($9)
- Charleston cooler – Porto Dona Antonia, homemade lime cordial, absinthe rinse, Fever Tree tonic water, candied lime zest ($12)
Timetable Road Trip summer 2022
If you can’t get on board on this first road trip, there will be plenty more to attend throughout the season. Here’s the rest of the schedule happening at the downtown restaurant:
Pacific Northwest (from Tuesday June 14 to Saturday June 25)
- South (from Tuesday June 28 to Saturday July 2 and from Tuesday July 19 to Saturday July 23)
- Great Plains/Midwest (Tuesday July 26 to Saturday August 6)
- Back East (from Tuesday August 9 to Saturday August 20)
- California/Hawaii (from Tuesday August 23 to Saturday September 3)
The restaurant, which offers a mix of regional influences, seafood dishes, grilled meats and poultry entrees, is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Kingfisher Bar & Grill is located at 2564 E Grant Rd. For reservations, call (520) 323-7739 and visit kingfishertucson.com for more information.