Some streets in Madison will close for Ride the Drive on Sunday
MADISON (WKOW) – A number of streets in Madison will be closed on Sunday, June 6 for the city’s Ride the Drive event.
Instead of one big event, Ride the Drive is split into four events in four different neighborhoods – the Warner Park, Kennedy Park, Wingra Park, and Marlborough Park neighborhoods.
During Ride the Drive, the streets are closed to automobile traffic, so people can cycle or walk the roads. The event takes place from 9 a.m. to noon on Sunday, but the streets will be closed from approximately 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Here are the streets that will be closed:
- Warner Park Course
- Forster Dr — Woodward Dr to Becker Dr
- Woodward Dr — Marcy Rd to Sheridan Dr (Warner Park boat launch will remain open from Farwell Dr only)
- Dr Sheridan — from Woodward Dr to Wyldewood Dr
- Kennedy Park route
- Meadowlark Drive — Flint Ln at Twin Oaks Dr
- Twin Oaks Drive — Meadowlark Drive to Valley Road
- Valley Road — Twin Oaks Dr in Quiet Ln
- Quiet Ln — Valley Rd to Shady Wood Way
- Shady Wood Way — all
- Valley Road — Shady Wood Way to Retana Dr
- Wingra Park Road
- Arbor Dr — all
- West Lawn Ave — Monroe St to Edgewood Ave
- Edgewood Ave — West Lawn Ave to Keyes Ave
- Keyes Ave — Edgewood Ave to Leonard St
- Leonard St — Keyes Ave to Fox Ave
- Fox Ave — Leonard Ave to Sheldon St
- Sheldon St — Fox Ave to Gregory St
- Gregory St — Sheldon St to Chapman St
- Chapman Street — all
- Monroe Street will remain OPEN to traffic in both directions
- Marlborough Park Course
- This route is entirely inside the park – no street closures
To learn more about Ride the Drive, click here.