Three-game road trip ends for Lady Aces at UNI
CEDAR FALLS, IA. (WFIE) – Capping off a three-game road trip, the University of Evansville women’s basketball team travels to Cedar Falls, Iowa to take on Northern Iowa on Tuesday night at 18 hours.
Match Preview: Northern Iowa
- Evansville and UNI meet for the 60th time in series history, with the Panthers holding a 40-19 advantage in the all-time series.
- Meeting near the end of the regular season in 2020-21, the Panthers swept last season’s streak in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- UNI is playing its fourth game in seven days and has won all three games this week after having to reschedule games against Indiana State and UE and play the Loyola-Valparaiso series as scheduled. Sunday’s contest concludes a six-day, three-game road trip with games at Illinois State, Bradley and Northern Iowa.
- The Aces continued to score on this road trip, hitting the 60-point mark in games at Illinois State and Bradley, giving Evansville 60-plus points in 16 games this season.
Improving the free throw line
- Evansville has been a team that reaches the free throw line at a high rate all season, but what has changed lately is the speed at which the Aces are knocking down their charity stripe attempts.
- On Dec. 1, Evansville was shooting just 65.9 percent from the line.
- Over the past two months, Aces have improved greatly, now averaging 71.4% at the line, inside the nation’s top 150 in the category.
For the first time in seven years
- This weekend, the Aces achieved a feat they hadn’t achieved in almost seven years.
- Evansville combined for just 15 turnovers in games against Illinois State and Bradley, keeping their giveaways in the single digits in both games.
- The last time UE recorded consecutive games with single-digit turnovers was on February 6 and 8, 2015.
Copyright 2022 WFIE. All rights reserved.