USHL notebook: 10 teams hit the road after completing their Fall Classic road trip – The Rink Live
PITTSBURGH — Two days are officially scheduled at the 2022 USHL Fall Classic, and the top 10 teams have packed their buses and hit the road.
Tanner Ludtke and Mason Marcellus had a weekend as they both leave the Fall Classic with a pair of goals and assists
Boston Buckberger also finished the weekend with four points by registering one goal and three assists.
Hagen Moe scored his first USHL goal in their second game against the Green Bay Gamblers
GREEN BAY PLAYERS
James Duerr is the only Gamblers player to score two goals in the Fall Classic
- Although he has about a month to go before returning to the ice, Zam Plante explained how thrilled he was to be back at Pittsburgh, the organization that drafted him 150th overall in the draft for the NHL in 2022, and how he hopes he will meet people he met over the summer while at Complexe sportif UPMC Lemieux which is the Penguins training facility.
- Top prospect of 2024 Macklin Celebrini closes out Fall Classic after scoring his first USHL goal and two assists for three points
Thor Byfuglien scored his first USHL goal as Steel edged the Musketeers 7-4
SIOUX CITY MUSKETEERS
- The defending Clark Cup champions start the 2022-23 season 0-2 after falling to Green Bay 4-2 on Thursday and Chicago 7-4 on Friday.
Kaden Shahan scored three goals in the Fall Classic
SIOUX FALLS DEBATE
Samuel Harris scored the most goals of any skater at the Fall Classic with four, also earning a hat trick against the Roughriders in Game 2 of the season
- Eric Rud has completed his first road trip as Stampede head coach and says it was an exciting time for him and his family as they packed up and moved to Sioux Falls last month.
CEDAR RAPIDS ROUGHRIDERS
- The Roughriders have scored one goal in two games at the Fall Classic
TRI CITY STORM
- Six different skaters contributed at least one goal and one assist at the Fall Classic
Graham Gamache led the team with a pair of goals and a pair of assists
Sacha Boisvert scored three goals in the Classic, the most for the team in two games
Jake Richard led the team with two goals and two assists
- Nick Oliver took his first official road trip as head coach of the Fargo Force
Harper Bentz of Moorhead, Minnesota scores his first USHL goal in Game 2 of the season against the Madison Capitols
CAPITOLES OF MADISON
- The game against the Fargo Force and the Madison Capitols was a showdown between two new USHL head coaches last season. Corey Leivermann, who was an assistant coach during the Capitols’ historic run to the Clark Cup Finals last season, was on the bench for his second game as head coach this season. Nick Oliver, who was most recently an assistant coach at St. Cloud State University, was on the bench for his second game as head coach.
It will be a new group at the Fall Classic on Saturday for day three, as the Omaha Lancers, USNTDP, Dubuque Fighting Saints, Youngstown Phantoms, Des Moines Buccaneers and Waterloo Blackhawks prepare to hit the ice for their pair of games for the final two. days.